Pies are beloved the world over as a delicious snack. They can be as fancy or as simple as you like. What’s more, they’re so easy to prepare at home, so you don’t have to buy if you have an oven. Why not try out this delicious apple pie recipe?
For the apple pie crust:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup cooking oil
2 tsp sugar
2 tbsp milk
For the pie:
2 large apples
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup sugar
2⁄3 stick margarine
3⁄4 cup flour
To make the pie crust:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Place all ingredients in 9 inch pie pan. Stir together with fork. Pat mixture into bottom and up the sides of the pan. Poke holes in bottom and side of crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until light brown.
To make the apple pie itself:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Peel the apples and cut into slices. Place in pie plate.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon, spread over the apples.
- Mix the flour, margarine and sugar well and spread over top of apples.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cut the margarine into smaller pieces before adding to flour to make mixing easier.
- If the edge of the crust starts to brown more quickly than the centre, carefully cover the edge with foil for the last 15-20 minutes of baking to prevent over-browning.